Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Wednesday, 28 May 2014

She cut her own cake.....

         Another sign of improvement in her self-help skills. (I've never thought of teaching her to do this). Hubby received a small Matcha cake for Teacher's Day. We cut a slice of it and placed it in a plate. Both of us actually disliked the taste and we left it on the table. 
And we placed the cake in the fridge.  But to my surprise, when I went into the kitchen later, I saw my daughter putting the plastic cake cutter on another plate (where I originally left it) My first thought was that she wanted to play with it. But one look at the other plate which supposedly contain only half a slice of cake, it has now a full slice. Hubby said that he did not cut another slice. My son was not at home. So, our conclusion was that my daughter actually opened the fridge, used the plastic cake cutter to cut the cake (not sure if she took it out of the fridge or she did it with the cake still in the fridge), and managed to place the new slice of cake on the plate. Wow... the very thought of her having to think in all these sequences, which were never taught to her... and doing them properly is just amazing to me. And to think that I have been told again and again by the 'professionals' that she needs to be taught everything and that she would have problems thinking in sequence.... way to go, girl! Prove them all wrong!
The cake after she sliced it. Not too perfect slice, but at least she did it.

* I am just raving about my daughter's latest achievements. I know that these angels grow and develop in their own pace, so it might not be anything significant to anyone else, except for me. But I am still proud of her. As I said before, any small improvement is an achievement in itself. Bravo, girl! 

* Now I have to find some other edible food products that used this Matcha thingy. It tastes terrible to me, but my daughter seems to love it. Suggestions anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)