Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Friday, 29 December 2017

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still in boxes but I have identified them. I am waiting to get extra shelves to store them. The printer were sent for repair and came back. So I have been busy printing, cutting and laminating. This time they were filed in categories and I created a daily learning binders for Junior1 and Junior3. Junior 2 will continue with the extra workbooks we are going to get once the school year starts.
So basically I will grab my teacher bag which I pack with all the hands on activities and some books needed for a week. Junior1 gets her daily learning binder and her stationary supplies and we will do our ‘school’ at the dining table. School work would take probably 15 to 30 minutes depending on Junior1’s level of cooperation. I intend to have this frequent blocks of ‘school’ time throughout the day whenever I can. Of course this will depend on having someone to keep an eye on Junior3 while Junior1 is doing ‘school’.
As for Junior3, I will grab a packet of material from my teacher bag and go through it with him whenever I can. Sometimes he is more interested in doing other things and I do not force him. His main activity is exploration through play and I try to encourage it.
Hopefully when school starts next week things will go on smoothly as planned.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)