Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Saturday, 25 May 2013

Vanity

We noticed more improvements in our daughter in the past few weeks. One of it is that she has shown definite preference in her clothes. - She prefers sleeveless! Actually she has lots of shirts and dresses. (I still haven't got over my guilt for wanting to save money and not buying her girly clothes when she was still a baby. I only bought unisex clothes - until I have another baby boy - my reason being that babies outgrew the clothes so quickly) Now that she is older, I clothe her like a princess (err... most of the time. as far as my bank permits)

Anyway, the thing is, from quietly observing her, her behaviour tells me that she is conscious of her appearance. Every morning (weekend) she would dig her own clothes from her basket. (we haven't got her a proper chest of drawers yet). Her choice of dress or shirt is always a sleeveless. Sometimes she would continue to dig to find the matching leggings or pants. - but usually she is content with just the sleeveless. At one time, I tried to get her to change into a long sleeve (a pretty blouse she sometimes wears to bed) before she goes for her piano lesson. She lets me change, but later she took it off. When I tried to persuade her to wear other shirts with sleeve, she took every shirt from my hand and threw them back in her basket. When I showed her another sleeveless shirt, she quickly nods her head. Phew!!! I almost overturned the whole basket! 

And this morning, she changed her pajamas for a pair of shorts and asked me to help her wear her favourite dress. (sleeveless of course). And I find her admiring herself (swinging like a little lady) in front of our glass door in the living room. (erm.. she did this for almost every few minutes, until I took my phone and snapped her photo...) I guess she is conscious of me noticing her. I wonder when she will know that taking photos of herself is another way of admiring herself.... hi hi hi... I hope I am not promoting vanity to her. 


Ohh.... I am glad to notice that she definitely knows the difference between day clothes and night clothes. The long sleeves are for bed.... hi hi hi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)