1. 'Wo er liao' (I am hungry), 'Wo yao chi' (I want eat) - she said this quite loudly, as she is really hungry and we were waiting for our order at KFC.
2. 'lao shi' (teacher) - said this in school once or twice according to the teacher.
3. 'bu yao' (don't want) - spontaneously, as grandmother promises something so that she would eat her lunch.
4. She is also more communicative to express her wants. At times, we did not have to ask her step by step, what she wants.
Eg 1
whinning ( What do you want?),
'yao' or nodding head (what do you want? If you want milk, go get your milk bottle) (no response)
whining again (what do you want? point)
she points. - case settled!
Eg 2
Whinning (what do you want?)
Stop whinning. Goes to the staircase, getting ready to go up, and wait for reaction from adult. (You want to go up?)
Nodding. (You want to sleep?)
Nodding. - case settled!
Eg 3 (early in the morning, before hubby goes to work)
Whinning (what do you want?)
Pull adult to staircase. (You want to play upstairs?)
Nodding (go upstairs together to open door to the playroom)
(when it's time to go down) (Come, let's go down. Bring along a toy you want)
whine and cry out loud, and stamping a feet - 'Wo yao a' [I (still) want (to play)]
* this makes me laugh every time hubby relates it to me. It's the first time I know of her stamping her feet, as she insists on something)
Eg 4
Early morning, I told her that after school I am going to bring her to trim her hair short. Later, when I got back from work, MIL reported that Joy was not herself today - rather moody and did not want to eat her breakfast and lunch. But she does not look sick. I took her to trim her hair. She started crying when the barber starts clipping her hair. She still cries when we arrive home for her bath. She did not even want to take off her clothes for bath. After her bath, I praised her (with exaggeration) that she looks really pretty with the new hair cut. She gently pulled the longer part of her hair and seemed comforted. (actually, she loved having long hair, but I had it trimmed so short at the back, with only the front part and the sides still a little long- it's so hot nowadays, and she sweats so much). In the end, she showed me how she still loved having the sides still long enough for her to sway her hair. (she loved the feeling of the hair touching her shoulders whenever she changes clothes).
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)