Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Saturday, 21 April 2012

Grandparents' Love Therapy #4

Progress report on Saturday: Mom brought Joy walking outside for fresh air early in the morning. When I called, they were just on their way into the house. Joy was excited and happy. She came to the phone and listened quietly before running away. Dad has been reading her favourite story books with her, helping her to trace the alphabets with her fingers, and identifying the alphabets. Later, Joy also took grandpapa's fingers and helped him trace the letters.
Joy has also been singing a new song. (just the first line) I can't remember the title, but it goes something like this "Oooo yeye yeah.... I love you more than I can say..." - hi hi, I can't imagine mom singing this song again and again throughout the day, to get the tune into my daughter's head.
By the way, when I called home in the evening, Joy came to the phone and said her name, through the phone. After answering with a very short 'mm' to my questions, she ran away. I think I could live with that for awhile.

Progress report on Sunday : Dad volunteered to drive and send Joy back. Mom mentioned that Joy was a little quiet this morning, with only her usual smile when she was told that grandpapa would send her back to mommy. Once she arrive home, she went into the kitchen and found some food on the table. She pronounce 'chi' (eat) very clearly. Once in awhile she said "Oh Yeah" - her version of the song my mom taught her. It sounds so funny to me, but yup... it's still a progress.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)