Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Friday, 6 April 2012

Away from home - day 1

It seems that life is full of hard choices, and you will never know what will happen when you chose to forgo certain choices. For weeks, I agonized over sending my daughter back to my parents. My mom volunteered to take care of her and teach her some of the skills I have been working on with her. She always said that I am not talkative enough to stimulate Joy's speech and that I am too protective of my children, that hinders her ability to learn independence. Hmmmm.... and the most important part is, my parents, who have been teaching little children all these years, are so positive that my daughter is just a late bloomer, especially in speech. 

To make long story short, I think she had enough of my 'worried' phone calls, asking for advice or just for chats. If she did not volunteer, I would never dream of asking for her help, mostly because she has her own health problems, and must not tire herself. 

We finally agreed on a long weekend, where we will send Joy back to them, and leave her there. Last night, I tried to ask for her response, asking her if she would like to go to grandmama. She smiled happily and said 'yii....' [I accept this as the beginning sound of 'yao' (want)]

This afternoon, before we left her at my parents', I asked her again. She so confidently nodded her head and smile happily. I guess she is happy to be there. I called back twice, and mom told me encouraging stories of her following grandmama visiting neighbours and she even sang the 'fish' song for the children there. The second time I called, mom asked her to come to the phone so I could talk to her. She smiled and even sang a 'song' for me. It's touching, to hear her sweet little voice over the phone. I am missing her. 

Oh ya... mom even told me, Joy said 'yao' (want) very loudly, when she wanted milk, and grandmama is slow to get it for her. And while I was talking to my mom on the phone, I can hear voice in the background. Such music....

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)