Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Saturday, 24 March 2012

Real conversations...

I felt a sense of peace last night when my hubby related a coversation he had with my daughter. Yup, that's right. My daughter, Joy. She was unhappy and kept crying the whole afternoon, when hubby went out for his choir practice. Earlier, we told the kids (actually, we told Jay, in front of Joy, that they are going to Sunday school. But Jay fell asleep before the time to go out.- so hubby went out by himself) I suspected that she listened to our conversation and expected to go to Sunday School. (there's toys to play) When hubby came back in the evening, I asked him to bring her out in the car, to satisfy her need to go out. In the car he had a conversation with her. It goes something like this.

 In the car, but daddy hasn't started driving
Joy : (Crying)..... Zhou (go)

After the car started moving, still crying.
Daddy : Are you hungry? Daddy go to buy something for you? (in chinese)
Joy : yao chi (want eat)

Daddy stopped in front of a bakery. Stop crying. Daddy bought some 'small muffin cakes'.
Daddy: do you want to eat this? (in chinese)
Joy: yao chi (want eat)

After she finished one of the muffin cake, she looked at daddy.
Joy : yao chi
Daddy: take it yourself.

She took it from the box herself.
Daddy : throw the packaging into the bag.

 She follows the instruction. She is now happy and content.
Daddy came home to fetch me.
Joy : yao chu (want go)

She still wants to go out. So, to satisfy her, we went window shopping at Parkson.

 As I woke up this morning, I am feeling hopeful. She has been humming "e, yah, e, yah, oh" and to add to this, she started "yu er, yu er," yesterday morning, after the brother sang a chinese song about fish (yu er, yu er, shui zhong you)- fishes swimming in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)