Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Sunday, 4 March 2012

Simplicity is the aim

I was (still is) sick since Friday. Last night, my head was feeling out of sort, dizzy and heavy, and feeling so cold that I wore 2 shirts and a track suit at home. I was shivering that I hid myself under my comfortable, thick duvet. And I opted to sleep downstairs on the couch, to keep a fair distance from the kids. My only thoughts at that time was that I couldn't afford the time to be sick. There's lots of things to do. But God seemed to think otherwise.

 This morning, I was feeling strong enough to drag myself to attend church service. Actually O was feelng sleepy, after taking medicine, and I had only 2 choices. Since hubby had to be at the church for service, he could only bring one of the kids with him, and I had to take care of another... Which of course, will be Joy. It's not appealing to me, sin e all I wanted to do was to sleep. So we decided to attend the service, and leave earlier if I don't feel up to it.

 Though as usual, I never get to listen to the sermon properly, I did get the gists of the sermon this time. The pastor was talking about simplicity as the aim in our life. The phrase kept repeating itself in my mind, all afternoon, while I was resting. As I reflected over it, yup! Hubby and I have very simple aim for our family. We wanted our kids to live a healthy and fulfilling life. In other words, we wanted them to be blessed. With every prayer we said, we prayed that God will bless them, in every aspect of their life. It is that simple.

 I am not very 'wordy' in my prayers. My prayers are usually short and simple, and direct. Every night I prayed that God will reach out and bless my little girl, And may all the evil spirits that binds and limits my little girl be banished forever. That she would open up and start communicating and talking to us. And I prayed that God will guide us in our parenting skills, as we bring up these children towards His ways. Do I hold on to simplicity as my aim? I certainly hope so. But I think I still have to work on simply trusting Him to do His work, and not to worry too much. :) for now, I am letting myself go, and permit myself a short holiday. Being sick, I try to rest as much as possible, and hubby took over everything else. As I see him gather my office wear, and hand wash them, I am glad hubby is a simple person too. His simple love towards me and the children gave him the humility to be the best husband in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)