Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Curriculum plans

I can't rest until I come up with some kind of 'solutions' or plans. So while the boy is sleeping, and I am resting with the girl, I came up with various ideas on how to modify their curriculum plans, yet again. So, here is the tentative plan. I might change my mind, in future, based on how they are adapting to it.

Joy

Language
- Start teaching sight words.
- Sight words include 3 languages - English, BM and Chinese. I think she will have more exposure in English and Chinese and just the minimum for BM. ( I can't totally ignore BM, as this is so required in her future education locally)
- She will still be exposed to phonics and such. She will get to do Get Ready For The Code A, which is just a relaxed approach to phonemic awareness. ( I am not forcing her mastery in this - in fact, there's no way of assessing her, unless she opens her mouth and sound the words, are there?)

Goals
- To use as a mode of communication (PECS)
- Can participate in reading alouds by pointing to the words.

Maths.
- Continue with counting (1 - 15), number names, matching sequencing, patterning, classification, number bonds within 5, equal, not equal, less/more, and addition within 5
- Work on more difficult visual discrimination worksheets.

Science
- Continue with colours and shapes (names and drawing)
- boy/girl
- body parts
- big/small
- long/short
- wet/dry
- rough/smooth
- tall/short
- Hard/soft
- light/heavy
- hot/cold
- push/pull

Handwriting
- Handwriting worksheets from letter of the week,
- Practising Chinese strokes and simple Chinese characters.
- Tracing/writing sight words and homework from school.

Fine motor skills
- Colouring with colour pencil
- play dough
- Puzzles
- educational games

Jarrett

Language
- Alphabets - Letter of the week (from COAH, 1+1+1=1, School express)
- Pre-primer Sight words
- Nursery rhymes, poem
- Phonics (Get Ready for the Code)

Starting Goals
- Recognise and write own name. Recognise own Chinese name, and family members' names.
- Recognise and write uppercase and lowercase alphabets
- able to read simple story books (point out vocabularies learnt)
- recite poems and nursery rhymes (Chinese and English)

Maths
- Continue with counting (1- 20), number names (recognise and write numbers 1- 20, spell names orally 1-10), matching, sequencing, patterning, classification, number bonds within 5, equal, not equal, less/more, skip counting, counting backwards and addition within 5
- Visual discriminations.

Science (same as Joy's)

Others;
- colouring with crayons, colour pencils, painting
- creativity in building blocks
- sequencing stories, telling stories based on pictures


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)