Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Friday, 6 January 2012

Weekly round up#4

It has been a good week. With hubby and I back to work, and the kids starting school, we are slowly getting into a routine that fits everyone (especially me... hi hi). My body adjusted to waking up at 5 am or earlier, as I need to prepare their school bags, snacks, clothes... everything. Then hubby wakes up to help me to make Joy's brown rice milk. The kids fit in well in school. (at least I thought so with Joy.) I did not manage to go to their kindergarten this week. Perhaps next week. The only down side is that Joy's teacher gave her biscuits to eat. (biscuits =wheat = gluten) We had to write the teacher a note to remind her not to give biscuits to Joy anymore. Actually we have been slowly easing Joy back into gluten, but with my supervision. I don't want to have her eating more of gluten, especially biscuits since biscuits and crackers have horrible history of making my girl sick after consuming.

Jay welcomes me home every afternoon, and invites me to have lunch. For the past 2 days, he refused to eat until I came home, and wanted to have lunch together with me. Very touching. We had a scare the other day when he had mild fever in the middle of the night. But all is well the next day. We spent our afternoons watching some cartoons and so some 'fun schooling' while Joy sleeps. When Joy wakes up, I'll read some books for them. At night, Jay goes to sleep early and hubby does 'school' with Joy. I have stopped forcing myself on Joy for her learning. I will just prepare her materials and workbaskets and hubby will take over. He is so much more patient than I am when it comes to teaching her. I'll only teach her when hubby is busy.

Here's what we did this week.
Jay has taken to photography. That's his feet.
Jay made this with the help from daddy. 
Jay finishing Joy's follow the pattern worksheets. She only did  the first 3 lines.
Transportation matching set. I downloaded this from filefolderfun. Last year.
Strawberry puzzles. Jay is starting to like doing puzzles. Not sure if its because its developmentally time for him  or because of the dolphin puzzles Joy has been doing lately. 
More puzzles. Apple.
He did not want to stop doing this workbook. It consists of fun tracing activities from Kumon, Match the shadows from School Sparks, and find the same picture from School Sparks. He did almost 20 pages in one sitting and I had to stop him from continuing. So much for following the child's lead. Phew!

*by the way, I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, I did not have many of Joy's photos because she is very adverse to photo taking. She would stop whatever she is doing if she noticed anyone trying to take photos of her. She did most of the things her little brother does, in the study, with closed door, with daddy. I can only peek and see how she did it from the glass panes. I'm thanking the Lord that our study from has see through glass panes. When we bought our house, we chose the decorated door cox we thought it look nicer than the usual plain one. Now it's our notice board, a place for the kids to play with stickers (safely) and for me to peek in on Joy doing 'school'. Shhhh!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)