Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Friday, 2 December 2011

Motivation

I found this in one of my files. I have been reading and downloading so many materials that I can't really trace where is the source. But this list is really helpful to keep me on the right course. Hope it motivates and encourages all parents with or without special needs.


  1. Be Proactive. You will end up becoming your child’s best specialist and your child’s best advocate. To be your child’s best advocate, you need to learn what it is you need to advocate for. Educate yourself. Do your homework. Research. Do not believe everything you read and hear.
  2. Begin with the end in mind. Your child’s roadmap to the future is your plan.
  3. Put first things first. Try to maintain normalcy as best as possible. Don’t forget the other family members and the ‘others’ in your life.
  4. Think Win-Win. Learn how to get what your child needs by helping others understand how helping your child will help them.
  5. Seek first to understand then to be understood. You can’t expect others to understand and help you or your child if they don’t understand the disorder.
  6. Synergize. Connect with other parents/families. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts. There is no need to be alone.
  7. Sharpen the saw. Take care of yourself. Look after yourself spiritually, mentally, physically and socially.

Remember the footprints. God will always be there when you need Him. One day, as you look back…. You will see how much He has done to help you through this….

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)