Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Wednesday, 30 November 2011

Reusable worksheets

I have a very complete (though messy) work table. Its the place where I do all my work and prepare materials for my children. Let me see... I have 2 printers. Yup! its not a mistake. We bought the first one with multiple function. (scan, photostat, print in black and white) It got 'sick' for awhile and we can't seem to find the 'cure'. Due to our need for a printer at home for our own work and also for materials for the children, hubby bought a new one and had it modified at the shop. (This one can print colours) Now I have machines to scan, photostat, and print materials to my hearts content. Later, we added a laminator and a paper cutter. hmm.... I heard a gasp. Yup! I needed a laminator to laminate worksheets that Joy works on. She needs numerous practice in tracing, that I thought I'd just laminate and use dry erase marker along with it. The paper cutter? Just to save my time from having to use scissors to cut and trim all the cards I'm making.
These are my helpers in making all sorts of flash cards, games, arts and crafts and worksheets for Joy. These are also life savers with the never ending work of making her ever changing and increasing PECS.

Last month, I have started to include Jay doing 'school work' with Joy. He loves to be included and insisted on doing the same things as big sister. Their levels are not too far apart as Joy still needs practice in tracing, penmanships and other skills such as visual discrimination, numeral recognition, alphabet recognition. However, problems arise when they are both working on the same worksheets. (I only prepare one set of each laminated exercise). After reading several blogs on homeschooling mothers and visiting the bookstore, I finally decided that transparent pocket file would do the trick. I would just insert a worksheet into a transparent pocket and take it out after Joy is done. Then I will insert the worksheet into a clean transparent pocket file. When both are done, I will just wipe clean the dry erase marker marks on the transparent pocket file with nail polish remover and cotton. I only need 8 to 10 of those transparent pocket files. : ) I can see that the laminator will be getting a long holiday. Thanks my friend, you've worked hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)