Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Monday, 21 November 2011

Holiday classes...

Today is Joy and Jay's first day of attending holiday classes. I wanted Jay to get used to going to school, and knowing that mummy will come to fetch him home at noon. Next year he will officially attend play school. My little boy is so eager to go to school that he insisted to wear the school's shirt and having his own little backpack. He even co operated when I asked him to go to sleep early last night. Though not sleepy, he obediently lay on the bed. And he did fall asleep earlier than usual.... Hi hi...
This morning, he let me go downstairs when I told him I need to prepare his clothes and school bag. (usually, I have to sit by him and stroke him until he is ready to get up)
Another unusual thing today is, he refused to go home when I fetched him. He obediently followed me and Joy to the car, but it suddenly dawned on him that I am taking him home. How he cried all the way. He even scolded me. "Why you bring me home? I want to go to school!"
But as a foodie, I managed to pacify him with a promise to buy him a lollipop.
Later he told granny that after lunch, he is going to school. Hmmm.... Let's see how long he will keep up with this spirit. I guess the reasons he loved going to school are that they learn through play and there are other children who can play with him. After all, play school is meant for the little children to play, right?

Joy on the other hand is doing well too. She has a new younger teacher today, uses different classroom, and has some new classmates and she did not wet her pants. Hooray! Keep it up, girl! Your every little success is worth celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)