I searched online for the recipes to make different types of brown rice milk and tried a few. I ended up with the basic - organic brown rice powder, and a bit of organic almond powder. Initially I used organic maple syrup, for a bit of sweetness, but it got out of stock. Other cheaper brands of maple syrup are not convincing. ( I need to make sure its original and without added stuff) Most recipes I found suggests adding vanilla essence and some other stuff (I forgot the names) so that the brown rice milk will last for a few days. I opted to do without. I made my brown rice milk as often as required and made sure its finished by the day.
Once in awhile, I made brown rice milk with my soy milk maker. It has functions to cook and produce milk out of any combination of rice I can think of. It is a bit of a fuss and takes more than an hour just to make around 1.2 litre of milk. Then I will add some red rice, black fragrant rice or millet with brown rice, plus almonds. There's a variety of combination to be made with these and so far, Joy isn't complaining. : ) She drinks around 1.5 to 3 litres perday. Not a cheaper option compared to commercial milk, but we are not doing this because of the cost.
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)