I am going to post about the books I have been reading to my children. I myself loved reading and I hope to pass on this hobby to them. I have read somewhere that early exposure to good literature will instill in them a healthy habit of reading for knowledge. It was not easy initially, as I am not used to reading aloud. Reading with children needs more than just being able to read. I need to be excited about reading, with different tones and expressions and I have to think of all kinds of questions to attract my audience. It somehow helped me to train my brain to think out of the box. Let me see, I'll try to list the steps I do with my children.
1. I start off with looking at the pictures on the cover and talking about the pictures excitedly. I scan through the book to look at the pictures too. (this usually attracts Jay's attention)
2. Then, as Jay snuggled close, I will read the title and wonder what is the story about. Jay can always come up with funny suggestions.
3. Since we are a multilingual family, I had to read the book in 2 different languages.
- First, I will read in English with some translation in Chinese.(to maintain their interest)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)