So I did. I continued with my exercise routines and added some herbal supplements to better care for myself mentally and physically. And I expanded my latest craze of gardening. Well, not exactly gardening since I only have a few pots of flowers in my car porch. But I find that caring (spraying them with water when I have time) is therapeutic. One of the reasons I chose resilient plants - succulents, and indoor plants which will not die so easily.
These are my first few pots. Aren't they pretty?
And I managed to save this from dying. A few weeks back, this does not have a single part that shows it's green and bright yellow leaves.
I have re-established a study routine for my children and we are finding our groove.
So far, so good.
I try to take a relaxed approach. My present plan is to help my daughter to go through all those kindergarten workbooks (selected worksheets). My goal is to help her to revise the concepts and to introduce more knowledge whenever possible. She is not writing independently yet. So for now I'll just hold her hands and let her feel the flow in writing. (I still think /feel that she knows how to write some numbers and alphabets and she needs time to gain her confidence to write independently)
As for my son, I am trying to teach him to learn to have the self control to study amid temptation (television). Whenever I will be late in the afternoon, I'll prepare a list of spelling test and some worksheets for him to finish while waiting for me at his grandmother's place. This way, I do not worry that he has too much screen time. So far he has been compliant and willingly follow my instructions - cox he loves his screen time that much. (shrug)
I also reintroduce most of the supplements I gave my daughter in the past years. Last year I stopped giving her supplements (except for vitamin C) - my main reasoning was that we did not actually know what are these supplements doing for her. I guess we will never know for sure. Since I reintroduced the supplements, we do start to hear good comments from mil about her (we did not tell her when we started her on these supplements). But one thing for sure - as I chose only natural and mostly gluten free supplements, they will help with her general well being and definitely wont harm her.
With a healthier, happier mother, a routine, health supplements and the essential oils for the children and the parents, I hope this year will be a better year for all. It might be too late to say this - but still -
Wishing everyone a wonderful year 2015.





No comments:
Post a Comment
It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)