Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Saturday, 25 October 2014

A beginning(for me)

Here it is.... I've pondered on writing about my struggle with weight for the purpose of keeping myself accountable with my fitness and health goals. Like anyone else who are a bit overweight, or feeling unhealthy, we all got on and off this ship towards fitness and health.

     The last time I managed to stay motivated for around 3 weeks, lost 4 kilos and then gained them all back and more, in another 2 months. Last month, I was so determined to lose some weight, in time to fit into a pretty dress for an annual dinner where I am supposed to be one of the MC. BUT.... stress made its way and I caved in. I think I gained some more with those unhealthy meals and snacks. 

     Yesterday, hubby brought me out shopping for a dress that's supposed to make me feel and look good for the annual dinner. Hmmm.... we went to a shop that literally every clothes I selected made me wished I am at least 1-2 sizes smaller. They are sooooo beautiful and the materials felt so nice. I managed to buy a dress that made hubby exclaimed 'wow!' and got approval from my fashion critic (my 5 -year old son). 

     But when hubby suggested I select a few more - I refused. I wanted to lose some weight before I have another shopping spree here. I am now wearing sizes XL and XXL (mostly due to my big butt and fleshy arms, though I have a smaller waist and body that can fit in an L)

     Anyway, I have been pondering upon this the whole day and googled the whole morning for some enlightenment - and chanced upon a few interesting websites and videos. 

Here's a list of the sites I'm sure I'll return to again and again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)