Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Thursday, 4 April 2013

Proud....

I am very proud of my daughter today. Today is a school holiday and we managed to spend precious family time together. My daughter showed spontaneous 'babble' with either me or her daddy... that to observers (both of us), she is communicating with us. Most important of all, is we understand her! She did not babble in phrases, but in single words most of the time, but they seemed appropriate.

For example;

'eat' (she really said this in English) - when she wants to eat. she said this many times throughout the day, - for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

'chu' (go), 'dui' (correct) - when we asked her 'yes or no' questions, 'pian' (gave a VCD to daddy, indicating she wants to watch video) and a few others with proper body language.

She said an English phrase too. "I want eat" - we were all too happy to comply with her requests.

We have been consistently bringing our kids out for meals, hoping that she would learn proper  table manners in public. We  loved going to 'Noodle House' because it is clean and not too noisy. Previously, she could not wait for the food to be served and one of us had to bring her outside to wait in the car, until food is served. She still needs us to spoon feed her too.

However, she was on her way to independence today. She waited properly, almost quietly (usually she sings loudly), with the help of a 'preschool app' in my Samsung phone. She happily indicated that she wants to eat the vanilla cheese crepe that I ordered for myself, but refused to eat when I tried to feed her. She wants to feed herself. I helped her get a small chunk of the crepe with a fork, and handed it to her. She took her own sweet time to smell and then eat it. I think she likes it, since she had quite a few mouthfuls. (I know cheese has casein, but... I guess it won't hurt to have it once in a blue moon). She also fed herself throughout our lunch at Noodle House. (I helped her scoop with the spoon and she will feed herself. She did try a few time to scoop the food when I was busy eating) I told her that I am very proud of her to feed herself and being so good during lunch - she is so happy.

Later, my son decided that he wants to go to his grandmother's house instead of following us on errands in town. We told him that we are going to bring sister with us, but sister will have to go to toilet at grandmother's first before we go out again. I only mention this once with my daughter - and she understood! She obediently went into the house, and go potty, then came out again. (usually she would refuse to even go to grandmother's house if she knows we are going out - even after telling her over and over again that we will wait for her)


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)