Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Friday, 12 April 2013

2013 - April #3

We bought an alarm clock for my boy. It used to be so hard to wake him up every morning, and it can be so frustrating when we are in a hurry to be off to work. So we bought him an alarm clock (at his own request). But the 'weird' thing is, after owning this alarm clock which is supposed to wake him up.... he has been waking up before the alarm even go off... and he's insisted on waiting for the alarm to ring.... ha ha ha.... my funny boy.

Both the kids are working on practical skills with this cutie. It's a 6- piece puzzle board, each with it's specific skill to teach.

Jay, working on his penmanship.

'mushroom'

'Tower'

He said this is a caterpillar. The biggest bowl is the head. hmm....

The montessori Pink Tower is in my next wish list, so I thought I'd try out the concept with these. Jay loved rearranging the bowls and full of imagination. Joy, however is more interested in getting them stacked from smallest to biggest and dragged me to get her favourite puzzles. (I'll remember to put away the puzzles out of sight the next time I do this activity with her)

Jay working on AMIQ.

Joy asked to do threading. But the whole point of this photo is 
that she can sit crossed -legged!
I must really thank her teacher for this. At first when she wanted to do the threading, she was on her knees. I was sitting crossed-legged, and I simply tell her to sit like me... and she did! Yay!

There are a few other activities we did regularly, so I thought there's no point to take the same photos so many times, unless they are something memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)