Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Friday, 29 March 2013

Allow me to dream....

I think I am going to make a series of this 'dreaming' thingy. hi hi hi.... It helps me to get away from reality, yet keeps me rooted and reminds me of my passions... whatever. Anyway, even if it's just a dream...

I dreamt of growing my own garden. In future. I was hardly the type that would get my feet and hands dirty, sweating over a piece of land. But recently I began to appreciate the value of growing our own food, in our own backyard.

My mother in law and her mother are homemakers. They grow vegetables and coconuts in their backyard. Both of them grow different kinds of vegetables and exchange them for variety in their meals. My small family of 4 has enjoyed fresh vegetables from their garden for several years. Not to mention the coconuts. I really appreciated having nice, cooling coconut drinks when the weather is hot. Sometimes, when their garden produces more than we consume, they even managed to trade the old barter system in the nearby market - for other stuff they need.

My interest is aroused towards gardening when I see how much it would benefit our health, and at the same time, to save more money spent on food. So I began to search on the internet. One particular blog caught my attention.  I have not read this http://www.fusianliving.com/ thoroughly, but I am certainly going to comb through it. Some of the things the writer shared could be applied in Malaysia's climate, while others need to be modified. Well.... wish me luck! (I wonder when will we finish 'processing' the small piece of land we have in our back yard. I'll keep you posted. IF it happens. I am not promising anything)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)