Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Friday, 1 February 2013

Speech Updates

Joy came out with a new phrase yesterday. At school, she destroyed her teachers' pot of flowers, and a few of them came to her and forced 'sorry' (Dui bu chi) out of her. She cried pitifully at first, but in the end, she did say it out. (Her class teacher was very happy to be able to hear her say something)

Last night, when I was busy with housework, she whined and looked unhappy. When I finally sat down, she came to me, still whining. When asked what does she want, she looked at me in the eyes ( she looked unsure of what my reaction will be to what she is going to say) and said "Oh Oh" (sleep). Well, I confirmed with her her wish, she nods. When I asked her if she wants milk, she nods. As I was preparing milk, she even whined and said 'nen nen" (milk). - All these are progress for her. I am most happy to bring her to bed (eventhough it's still early - it's not even dark yet. But since she woke up so early (3am), It's understandable that she is really tired by 6pm.... But yet, she goes to sleep only after I turn my attention to her - by hugging and petting her. (Little brother slept first, and he wanted my full attention)

Another situation that makes me laugh out loud is when her daddy goes to fetch them from school. Hubby was away for a few days, and on the night before he comes home, he told the children over the phone that he bought little gifts for each of them. The second day, after he arrives home, he went to fetch them from their kindergarten. The first thing little Joy did as she climbed into the car was to scan and survey the whole car _ as if searching for something. When she could not find anything, she took hubby's hand and put it into his pocket. (She always did this if she thinks we have something that she wants in our pockets) When hubby asked her what does she wants? Is she looking for her presents? - Wah lah... the magic word made her burst into pitiful cry. But after hubby explained that the presents are not in the car, but in his bag at home, she stopped crying and sat quietly all the way home. - Wow she was so happy when hubby handed her a soft toy. By the way, nowadays, I love seeing her hugging her soft toys as she brings them around. Looks very typical of any other little girls. (previously, long long time ago, she would hold them bottom up or from the head - not hugging towards the body)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)