Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Thursday, 7 February 2013

Praying....

I am praying for both my kids to be well as soon as possible. The boy has just recovered from fever and flu while the girl gets the fever bug after he's better. At the same time, she also has stomach ache. Only this morning she went potty with watery poop 3 times. It's the dreadful weather these days. It has been raining everyday... and lots of people gets sick. I pray that everyone will get well as soon as possible - for a healthy and happy reunion dinner this Saturday.

Just for the record, I need to describe some of the things my girl did yesterday. My instinct told me that she was unwell when she woke up up so early in the morning. But both hubby and I just can't figure out what is wrong. She seemed a little heaty, but no fever, and her running nose has stopped after a dose of medicine the night before. Anyway, her teacher had an experience of her life.

The first incident was when she smeared her face, hair and uniform with the icing from the bread her daddy prepared for her snack in school. Gosh... the teacher learnt the hard way, not to trust her too much. (usually the teacher can trust my girl to get her snack box, open it and eat whatever she brings - all by herself (except for noodles) - but she was shocked to see her when she finally had time to take notice of her. (by the way, I think it is important to remind myself that my girl is in the 5 year olds class instead of her same age (6 year old) - some of the other students also need the teacher's help to feed and clean up.

The next thing she did was to play with the stamp pad they were using for art lessons. She saw a friend playing with it, (the teacher punished the student and puts it on her table) and the cheeky part is, she went to the teacher's table to play with the stamp pad when the teachers were busy getting the students ready for the 'train' to the toilet. When she was discovered, she had smeared her uniform with the colours from the stamp pad. The teacher tried to wash the colours off her hands and arms - perhaps she scrubbed too hard, my girl told her 'thong, thong' (pain, pain) - of course the teacher told her, she should feel the pain, since she needs to scrub hard to get the colours off. (imagine the grandmother's response when she saw the smeared school uniform)

To make things worse, my girl peed while the teacher is trying to clean her hands. Gosh - I would have lost my temper. And it happened at the busiest time - going home time.... Phew... just listening to the teacher relating all these to me make me feel tired. But deep in my heart, I think I have an answer to her behaviour. - She is not feeling well. And amist the class' busy and noisy movements to pack their bags, finishing their water bottle, and amidst the teacher's 'nagging' while trying to clean her - she just lost it - and does not know how to inform the teacher that she needs to go to the toilet. hmmmm..... Am really praying for her to get well soon.

2 comments:

Homeschool @ sg said...

Hope all is good with your kids! Mine are both down. :( stuck at home for cny. :(...

lydia said...

They are still recovering. Hopefully will fully recover very soon.

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)