Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Saturday, 29 September 2012

Week 3... A day I'm proud of

I have the whole day today with my kids today. So I am trying to get as much done as possible. Hubby had our breakfast, lunch and dinner prepared before he goes out to work. - that leaves me with much time.
Joy is recovering- a little fever since yesterday, but she did come whenever I called her for an activity. She seemed to enjoy the activities. That's the more important.

We did revision on body parts, and actions
 - recognizing the pictures, and Chinese words.
I place this chart at the staircase, then I sat at a distance.
The kids had to go and get the correct card and give it to me.
I think they both enjoyed the movement involved.
This is too easy for Jay. He just enjoyed the attention I'm giving him.
Joy is also laughing through this. Not sure if she thinks it's too easy
or there's something else on her mind. (she did get me some wrong ones)
As for the Chinese words, I did a few rounds with her.
1st and 2nd rounds - the brother quietly pointed to the correct card and
she would get it for me. (I have very good assistant here :)
3rd round - she had to get the correct cards herself.
Setting for painting time. I drew circles with different colours.
The kids have to match with correct colours.
Not quite a challenge, but it helps with their fine motor skills.
This is Joy doing her painting.
(she looked at my phone suspiciously when I took this photo)
Here is her finished work.
This is Jay. He is more concentrated and tried to
colour within the lines, or at least made circles.
This is his finished work.
Then we tried colour recognition
- hopefully they will get to recognise the spelling
.
I spelled out the words before they get to
stick the right coloured car.
Sorry for the position. The ones with cars all lines up neatly  were Jay's.
I am just grateful that Joy is interested in even doing this properly.
She seemed to be in good mood for lessons today.
- provided that her favourite children songs are played on TV, and she gets
to go and watch the video after every short activity. For this activity alone,
she ran off 3 times - after each colour.  
For the first colour recognition activity, I grouped the same colours
together, so as not to confuse Joy. Jay did another activity, but this time
I just gave him the whole sheet full of different coloured cars.
He had to look for the same colours. He really is getting a workout on his
pinching, in order to get the small car stickers.
This is what he did. A bit ambitious, but he finished them. :)
I wrote the word on each sheet of paper, encouraged him to
notice and spell out the word, look for the same word on
the control papers, and check which number does it stand for.

Then he needs to paste the correct number of same coloured cars for each number.
hmmm.... not bad. He already know the English words orally,
This is just to stretch him a bit further.
Both of them did some worksheets in between the activities. : ) I told you Joy is in good mood today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)