I only get to see my children's teachers every Friday, when I fetch them after school. Usually Joy would be crying and can't wait to go home. (she disliked waiting. My father in law usually is the first one to appear at her classroom door when the last bell rings, but on Friday, she has to wait for at least 20-30 minutes for me to arrive). Whenever I wanted to have longer chat with their teachers, I would go there after my father in law fetched them. (saves me the trouble of the distractions).
The kindergarten is opening new enrolment for next year. I had to go and see her teachers to ask about Joy's overall improvements in class. My main concern is her ability to cope independently in primary school in 2014. Next year I'll have to register her for sure. There's no way out. No other options.
The feedbacks from her teachers are rather encouraging, though not as much as I'd expected. (I am rather nervous for her, and almost wishing to hear some sort of miracle happening when I wasn't looking).
1. Joy's classmates has been telling the teacher that Joy sings in class. The teacher doesn't usually notice or hear her, but her friends can even tell her what songs Joy is singing. (I fully understand this, as Joy speaks and sings so softly.) Some of the songs she sings 'Yu er, yu er shui zhong you' (Fishes swimming), and 'E,ai,ee,ai,ooo' (From Old McDonald),
2. She loves to touch her classmate's long hair. (hi hi, maybe because her hair is so short now. She plays with my hair too.) She lets her classmates pull her into their play, and moves among them. - No longer staying alone in a corner. She is learning to share too, as her teacher would sometimes ask her to give her a piece of her snack. (she is showing her understanding in the concept small vs big. She always gives her teacher a smaller piece. When her teacher wants a bigger piece, she would take out, quickly put it in her mouth, and picked a smaller one for the teacher. hi hi) She also reacts when her classmates wanted to take her snack. (hi hi, at least this shows that she knows that the snack belongs to her)
3. Goes to toilet in a group. So far, no more problems with accidents.
4. She knows and follows the rules of not drinking from milk bottle. She now drinks her milk from her cup, by herself. (the teacher pours for her).
5. She takes out her snack box and drinking bottle and puts them in the designated place (with teacher's oral prompt). and puts them into her bag before going back. We agree that she needs to be trained to do this without prompts. Every morning, she just walk in the class and forgets about her school bag. Grandfather will bring them in for her and puts it into her shelf.
6. She is getting dependent on her classmates who loves to take care of her. She would wait for them to help her to wear her shoes. But when the teacher stopped them from helping, she could wear them with no difficulty. Hmmm.... This is more evident when it's after school holiday. (because we did not ask her to wear shoes at home. She only wear sandals.)
7. She is sitting more during lessons. One teacher told me that she did not even realise that Joy is in the class when she goes there, looking for her teacher. Everyone was sitting nicely on the floor. (last year, Joy is always moving around the class and sitting perhaps for less than 5 minutes at one time).
8. I am glad to get assurance from the Head Teacher, that she will personally take on Joy next year. She is the only one who has an assistance all year round, and she will make sure Joy is properly trained for primary school. I am praying hard!
Mostly about my children, reaching their milestones, each in their own pace. Added with a dash of mummy rantings now and then. Also get a glimpse of how God's Grace helps us through the ups and downs in life.
Popular Posts
-
Living Montessori Now has a great post on Montessori inspired movement activities. Head over to check it out.
-
My new shoes. I've tried many types of shoes comfortable enough for me to wear to work and looked 'formal' enough not to...
-
We have a short Saturday this week. I had to go to work all morning and dear hubby babysat the kids. He fed them and made sure they didn...
Featured Posts
Easing into homeschool routine
Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)