I planned to take it slowly for Joy this week. I am doing assessments on numbers and alphabets for both Joy and Jay. As expected Jay breezed through everything in no time. But I have to modify the materials I prepared on the spot, to get Joy interested to co-operate.
I started with these. These are recycled from a big cake box. I just write the numbers and letters and asked Jay to point to the numbers/letters I called out. Then, I requested him to read the number/letter I pointed to. He managed all, but a little confused with V and Y. With Joy, I asked her to point to the number/letter. She did so, only for the first 2 times. Then I got impatient and thought I could change the material for the better. Simplify.
 |
| I showed her the cards one by one and asked her to point to the correct number/letter. She did okay with the numbers, except the last card with 8,9 and 10. I guess she still needs very limited distractions. With the letters, I only prepared the few letters she could read verbally. She got them correct, and even used her fingers to trace the correct letter. |
 |
| Then daddy decided to join in. I gave him these cards and he put them on the floor two by two. He asked Joy to pick up the correct card that he called out. It was like a helping game for her. "Could you please help me pick up the number 2?" But when he puts 3 cards in parallel position, she got confused. Then I changed it a little, with 2 cards parallel and one card a bit further up from the two cards. She got the correct card. |
In a way, this approach is almost the same with the ABA method, but it's not restricted. I let Joy walk around, and asked her to come when she is ready. I need lots of patience. But at the end of the day, the lesson is done, and Joy gets her reward. hi hi... she asked daddy to hold her up so high, so that she could touch the wall clock. (Our clock has a ring around it that moves and she just discovered it)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)