Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Schooling Journal # 3

Jay woke up rather late today. (He slept around 10.30 last night). The first thing he did was to gather all the colourful threading beads and pretended to cook a meal for me. He managed to spend almost 1 hour on that. : )

Today, my plan is to try to slow him down from all his requests. He kept asking for colouring, painting and 'homework' - referring to his Kumon workbooks. We did do some more painting of a rocket. And I printed Mickey Mouse Printable Pack from 1+1+1=1. It came just in time, as I was trying to decide which Printable Packs I would do with Jay today. He loves Mickey Mouse, and did all the tracing activities in one sitting! There's something wrong with my printer today, so, I'm keeping the rest of the activities for another day. There's the matching parts of Mickey and his friends he's eyeing on, but I am holding on to it until this evening.

For the rest of the morning, he did more of Kumon tracing book and Uppercase letters. There's the phonics /f/ he's working on from the book Get Ready For The Code A, and a matching worksheet I printed.


After taking his nap, he is full of energy to start learning. We learnt how to classify animals that fly, vegetables, fruits, clothings, tools, wild animals, insects, sea creatures, birds, water transport and air transport, musical instruments and items for drinking. He learnt a few new vocabulary, both in Chinese and English.

I am going to introduce him to Kumon Easy Telling Time tonight. It will be a brief introduction, since he is very interested in knowing the time for everything. (especially after I bought him a Ben10 watch not too long ago).

I am working on creating worksheets for the flash cards that he managed to read. It's stacking higher, and I need to do follow up activities on them soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)