Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Monday, 28 May 2012

Re-assessing their learning styles

Over the past 2 years, Joy's teachers at her special class has been telling me that she is a visual learner. I believed them. She is quick in recognizing things when we do flash cards with her. But since my parents started their teaching methods with her, I began to think that she is actually a kinesthetic learner too. In just a few days, over the period of a few weeks, she started reading letters, with her fingers tracing the letters in books and flash cards. She could be both kinesthetic and visual learner. Whichever it is, I am glad I can understand her better.

As for my little boy, I consider him visual, and auditory learner. He absorbs flash cards like a sponge, and he understands lessons just by listening to my explanations. I even think he could be kinesthetic too, as he learns easily with movements too. Hmmm.... still confusing. Anyway, as long as he can learn happily, the various learning styles are just guidelines for more ideas to create fun learning activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)