Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Thursday, 12 April 2012

My life taking another new turn...

Hubby and I have finally made the hard decision to stop sending our daughter to her therapy centre in the afternoons. We (ie, I) have felt that we were not important in the development of whatever goals they are teaching in the centre, and there are times when I had to keep telling myself to be 'patient' and 'not to be too fussy' over what they are doing with my child. We have decided that these feelings of distrust and discomfort between the therapists and us have to end. It was a relief to make this decision, but it also means that now, we are totally responsible in deciding her goals, to plan and to implement whatever that needs to be done.

I will have no more free time for myself after work. I consider myself lucky to have started a new organization plan where I plan and prepared all the kids materials for 2 weeks in advance. It gives me space to breath in this transitional times. After work, I have to alternate my time for one to one time for both Joy and Jay. I have found that by doing some arts and crafts with Jay first, will leave him content to play by himself, while I worked with Joy. For each of them, I have to spend only 5 - 15 minutes each time, followed by lots of free time. This means that I work with them in a few short time blocks, until they finish all the activities that I planned for them for the day.

I have started to keep a record of what I teach at home. Hopefully It will help me to be more consistent, and able to detect and follow up in whatever areas that needs my attention.

For now, my plan is to 'homeschool' my kids (since little brother always wanted to be included) in the afternoon and at night, plus send Joy back to my parents in the weekends for a bit of 'grandparents' love therapy'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)