Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Monday, 9 April 2012

Day 4 - Back home

Initially we planned for Joy to stay at my parents' until Wednesday. This morning, I called and informed them we will be visiting in the afternoon. When we arrived, mom told me that Joy looked very happy when she told her that mummy is coming. She refused to lie down (scared of falling asleep), and kept sitting in the living room and looked outside (for our car). She jumped up and down and smiled so happily when I saw her. I tried asking her if she wants to stay with grandmama tonight, she did not respond. When I asked her if she is happy with grandmama, she nodded. Later, I asked if she wants to go home, she nods. And I asked if she wants to come again on Friday, she nods again. Hmmm.... she understands everything we ask of her. She follows me everywhere and sings alot for me. My parents are optimistic that she is just delayed in speech. I am and will not try to 'educate' them about her diagnosis. I believe that they have their own ways to reach into her world. A label is nothing to them. I am going to do all I can to send her back to my parents every weekend - for Grandparents' Love Therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)