Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Friday, 13 January 2012

Speech Language Pathologists

The first time I've heard about Speech Language Pathologist is after The Diagnosis. I mean, come on.... a job to play and get kids to open up their mouth and talk? How difficult can that be? Phew! I was so so wrong. These people faces the challenges of creating miracles in every child they see. To me, it's pretty much a miracle, if my SLP can initiate words from my princess. Praise the Lord, that  I do see miracles now and then.

I've been following this blog of a mother who is a speech pathologist by profession, and parent to 2 kids with special needs. She shared an article on the Traits of a good SLP. Thought it might be useful for anyone looking towards this area.

*on a different note, I think most of the traits listed should apply to all therapist that works with children with special needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)