Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Thursday, 8 December 2011

Yearly report

Hubby and I had a meeting with Joy's therapist for her annual progress report. We went away quite satisfied with what was being said. On the other hand, I was feeling that there was a disconnection between the therapists and our family.
From the report, we were told that Joy can do things such as brushing her teeth (with a little help) and not swallowing the water. At home, she still swallows the water. With the therapists, she would take out and put away her things when told (sometimes without being reminded), but at home, we had to prompt her to do things most of the time. (it was either she refused to do, or she just acted as if she did not hear you).
There are other things that I never knew that she mastered, and I did not have the chance to generalize them at home. It was not that I am not interested or never asked, but the therapists seems to have high opinion of themselves and thought that the parents couldn't do anything at home, so why bother? ( I was considered too involved with her therapy last year and made them rather unhappy - so this year I kept quiet)
Anyway, now that I have her report, I have to start thinking of ways to generalize the things she learnt and plan some assessments. (I have to make sure the report is valid) - from experience, I have come to believe that 'seeing is believing'.

1 comment:

Annette W. said...

It can be so frustrating with the lack of communication! Working on the same things can be so beneficial, too, as you know.

I hope things at home begin to match what they see.

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)