Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Friday, 16 December 2011

Mommy's instinct

I have been on look out for Joy these few days. She was a little lazy and out of sorts. On Wednesday, she cried on and off for 2 hours in school. The teacher offered her all her favourite things and everything else she could think of, but Joy only wanted the teacher to hug her. At home, she is more sensitive too. A bit of raised voiced will lead to her crying inconsolably, and I have to be by her side when she is having her milk. All these led me to believe that she is not feeling well. Oh, she wants more hugs too.

On the other hand, there's more changes happening. I mean, only this week, she began asking AND trying new food! This is BIG! Joy never wanted to try new food unless forced. She asked for a small muffin cake (I know, Its gluten), and she even wanted to try the ice cream (I know, Its casein), but she never wanted to try anything cold, let alone actually putting it into her mouth and swallow it. I was so excited when she started pointing to the ice cream Jay is having and nodding her head, that I let her have a small bite. (she did not know how to lick) Like I mentioned before, the fact that Joy is on GFCF does not mean that I have to limit my son's exposure of food. We were at Sugar Bun and he was asking for ice cream. It was his first time too. And we always have buns and small muffin cakes at home since my boy just loves them.
The other day, she asked for a banana by pointing to it. And this morning, she tasted my Bee Hoon and ate a few mouthfuls. BIG! All these are little miracles to me.

But back to the present. The reality is, Joy has flu today. So my instinct is right. We were actually planning on going back to my mom but decided to phone and tell her we are not going after all. Maybe next week mom. The kids missed you, expecially Jay. He wanted to show off to you all the crafts and worksheets he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)