Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Kumon anyone?

Yay! My first shipment from book depository have arrived. I ordered Kumon beginner level books for my kids. I have always wanted a guide of some sort to tell me what to teach my kids. I mean, I have a full time job 5 to 6 days a week. By the time I arrive home in the afternoon, I hope to be able to maximize the time for my kids without having to crack my head trying to think of what I need to do with them. Kumon books are famous for helping to instill independence and teaches skills step by step, enabling the student to master a skill before going to the next step.
As I browse through the books, they are just great. I'll just have to determine how much they need to do in a day, grab the book and have fun! Yup! I did mention fun. The books uses fun concepts to learn. Perhaps I will have to laminate some of them so that both my kids can use and reuse for more practice.
Some concepts used in the books may be the same with books I found in local bookstores, but these books actually have notes for parents on how to go about using the books. (I don't have to worry if I missed out something or taught the wrong way) did I mention previously that I am such a worrier? Ok, The pages are bigger than most books, it's colorful, the paper is of good quality and the best of all is the content.
I have already started doing alphabet and phonics crafts regularly with my kids. Now it's time for me to add in more fine motor skills, penmanships, and maths. Jay will be doing almost the same things as his sister, but he will have his own activities as he will only be 3 years old in February. Joy is more advanced compared to the brother, but she needs repetitions and sometimes revisions of the things she already mastered previously.

By the way, I ordered a Pray and Play Bible for young children out of curiosity since the reviews have been very good. I am simply wowed! The book is bigger than most bible I can find. It's colorful, great for snuggling and reading aloud, and full of bible based activities. As I said earlier, I can just follow the advice in the book and don't have to worry if I'm doing the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)