Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Caught in the rain

Actually I was just in the rain for less than a minute, running from the car into a shop. I guess a few drops of rain does have the power to weaken one's immunity. The day after, I started having headaches and feeling dizzy. The next day, everyone's very sure that I had flu and I continue to lose my voice until today. I go into my classes and communicates with sign and body language. With the little squeaky voice I have left, sometimes I have a student to be my speaker. At times, I just write on the board and the students read for themselves what they are to do for the lesson.

Since I am not able to teach, I provide them with lots of grammar exercises. It would not hurt them to do more anyway. I did manage to provide them with science and technology word search worksheets and asked them to find the meaning of the words they used. When I get my voice back, I am going to quiz them on the vocabulary and perhaps write related paragraphs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)