Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Monday, 14 April 2014

Nice to know I am appreciated.

          The memory stays with me. Last night was the first time (after a rather long time) I talked to my daughter, and she responded. I'd like to think that she really feel the need to answer me verbally, because she thinks it is important.
          I was actually too angry at the time with something that she did. A few smacks on her palm, I kept to myself, waiting for my heart beat to return to normal. (yeah, I was that angry, that my heart beat was racing). After I calmed down, I told her to come to me for some 'talking to'.
          I remember I asked her " Why did you have to do this to make me so angry? Don't you want me anymore? Do you want mommy?" I think I repeated this a few times. She just stood there, looking at me, quietly.
           But, every time I asked " Do you want mommy?" - she would make some noise, as if responding. And hubby agreed that she is actually trying to say 'Yao" (Yes/I want mommy).
Well, what can I say? My heart melted..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)