Life goes on for us. It's almost exam season, with my son having a pre-test for 2 weeks. The real 1st exam for him will be in another 2 weeks. Both hubby and I were trying to do revisions with him. Since we've restricted his TV time to only Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays (after lessons), he is quite compliant to finish his revisions first before having his entertainment. As for the weekdays, he already have 2 nights of Chinese enrichment classes which are helping him with his Chinese. (His momma is illiterate in Chinese). We will send him to a Suku Kata BM class on Friday starting in March, which after a trial test last night, he happily agreed to go. We did not force him to attend any classes that he have no interest in. So far, the enrichment center he goes to operates on the basis of Learning through Play - and he loves playing.
In the afternoons whenever I am free, I'll help both to do their homework or revision. At nights, we would all be asleep by 8pm. (usually).
Another purpose of this post was to happily report my new adventure in using essential oils.
A colleague introduced me to the benefits of essential oils. As usual, my thoughts went right to my children. My boy, who often has flu and fever and my daughter, who needs help in her speech, anxiety, sensory and others. After a few weeks of research on the internet, I placed orders on several bottles of essential oils, which I think might help with my children. They are not cheap, and the bottles are small. As advised, I bought their unscented body lotion to mix blends of essential oils I'll be using everyday.
For the money I spent on these little bottles, I wanted to make sure that it's kept properly. I can only fit 2 bottles of essential oils into these cute glass containers. I've read somewhere that the best way to store essential oils is to keep them in glass containers and away from the sun. I simply stacked these containers in a small paper bag which I can carry around the house when needed.
As for their efficiency, I just LOVE Peppermint. I'd bring it around in my handbag and dabbed it behind the ears for the instant 'good feel' whenever I felt sluggish. The aroma of Peppermint in the car gives me instant energy to focus in my driving too.
I mixed Frankincense, Balance, OnGuard and Breathe in the lotion I use on my children. Every morning, before I go to work, I'll wipe them clean with warm cloth, gently massage the lotion along the spine, behind the ears, on the chest area and a dab of Breath on the throat (for the boy). Then I'll massage it on their foot before wearing their socks. I used InTune (in a roll on bottle) behind the ears and along the spine for both of them too. I'll do this again in the afternoon, after their bath and at night before they go to bed. I started this routine on 17th of February.
I asked hubby last night, if he notice any difference in the children after I started using the essential oils. We both agree that the boy (who already has the flu when I started using the oils on him) is no longer having blocked nose. No, we did not give him any medicine. It was a mild flu, and I did not think it was necessary.
As for the girl, she surprised us even more. (I am not sure if it's due to the oils, as she surprises us all the time, especially when we are not expecting it). We kept a children's bicycle in a spare living room at my MIL's. The children play in there everyday, but only my son will use the bicycle and cycle around the house. MIL reported that for the past week, my dear daughter would take the initiative to cycle around the room all by herself. Usually, she had to be forced to climb onto the bicycle. And MIL also told me that the kids are playing hide and seek recently, with the boy hiding, and the girl (had to be prompted by grandma) searched for him. When she found him, she'd tap on his head. - I can only say WOW!
Whenever I came home early from work, just in time to accompany them for lunch, I find that she is feeding herself more. She no longer waits for grandmother to feed her. (unless she is not feeling hungry)
Yesterday, my father in law reported yet another surprise. My daughter willingly shared her snacks with her classmates!! (both hubby and I were overjoyed!) This is one of the target we had for her in school. The classmate was actually standing there, watching my daughter eat her biscuits. Without being prompted, my daughter handed her 2 biscuits - all by herself! :) It might not sound great for other children, but my daughter, whom the teachers said is locked in her own world - is noticing her classmate watching her eating her snacks, and perhaps she understands that the classmate wanted some of the snacks too. I just can't wait for more miracles to happen!!!!
And I can't wait for the rest of the essential oils to arrive. Perhaps I'll get a diffuser in future, if the oils proved their worth. I'll give them time. Time and Prayer.


No comments:
Post a Comment
It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)