We put up with the heat until after dinner at home, and decided to drive around. But everyone is on the road. There's traffic jam everywhere. And to make things worse - I had a bad case of stomach ache and diarrhea. We even stopped at a shopping centre so I could rush to the toilet. When it's almost dark, hubby decided to check into a local hotel for the night.
There's not much electricity here too, as they depended on generator too.
But at least, there's light. And a bit of wind from their air conditioner fan. At least it's better than the scorching heat and darkness out there.
I am very grateful for the toilet.
The electricity came back at almost midnight.
There has been black outs once in a while in the past, but not during haze and the heat. When we heard that all the other areas in the state experienced the same, we thought it's very unpredictable how long it would be. This is certainly an experience for us - (though I didn't sleep much. My biological clock is on the alert for fear of waking up late for work!).The kids were super excited with this change of routine, but by the time they slept, they slept like logs - thanks to the 'cooling' fan.




1 comment:
Aiyo! 6hrs, not funny! Plus diarrhoea? Must be quite uncomfy! I experienced black out too in Msia. We drove thru macs, order ourselves some fries, ate in the car while blasting the aircon until the lights got up. Definitely not 6hrs else..... I was already very hot and irritated then can't imagine what you went through!
Post a Comment
It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)