Joy:
This is occasionally a successful lesson, it depends on her co-operative mood.
We have been doing more sorting. I try to get her to practice flexibility in using her left hand. She would still sometimes get buttons with her right hand, then transfer to left hand.
Jay:
He breezed through the sandpaper alphabets. Mostly because he's doing phonics in school too. But I had to correct him in his sounds. His teachers teach by memorization. For eg, if I were to give him /b/ - he would go '/buh/, /buh/ bear. or for /l/ - he would go /le/, /le/ lamb.... gosh, I foresee more arguments about this in future.
The above picture is him practicing his phonetic sounds. He got to see the words printed in capital letters, but he had to take the lowercase letters to form the words. - still needs to work on the phonetic sounds. But this is just beginning....
A little more updates on Joy's speech:
I did a recording with her doing a session on sandpaper numbers. Actually it's a second session on the same afternoon. The first session was a success, so I figure that perhaps I can try to do a repetitive second session for recording. Yay! Joy did not protest to seeing herself in my smartphone which I place in front of her. It's a pity I couldn't upload it into this blog for obvious reasons.
Anyway, she is saying the numbers : 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, and 9
Plus, giving the correct numbers to me each time. Her daddy is so proud with her when he sees the video!



No comments:
Post a Comment
It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)