Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Saturday, 27 April 2013

2013 - April #10

This week was a blurry week for me. For the whole week, I remembered my dates and my days  wrongly. To make things worse, both the kids are coughing, especially at night. AND little Joy was extra energetic for the past few days. For 3 days in a row, she woke up around 1 am - 3 am. Of course, this means that I didn't get enough sleep too. The first day, she woke up at 1 am. I tried to ignore her, but can't. I am such a light sleeper, that a tiny bit of noise would keep me awake - mentally. I mean, my eyes are shut, but I am aware of my surroundings. I was super sleepy at work. I can't even read my student's essays without squinting my eyes and trying hard to concentrate on their handwriting. Then, to stop myself from yawning and looking so sluggish, I took A CUP of coffee. Wow! it really makes a difference. BUT, when I wanted to have a nap in the afternoon, while the kids are still at mom - uh oh... I can't sleep. And I didn't sleep until 10pm... though I felt so dizzy and tired, and is in bed by 7pm.... I never knew coffee could do this to me. (but I've not had coffee for quite sometime). So, with the sleep routine gone wrong for the next few days, I am so ready to just lie down and do nothing. Which of course is impossible.... sigh....

Well, I am not sure if anyone could get any sense of my rambling. But that was not the intent of this post. I still do 'school' with my kids. Well, I kinda forced myself to do it, to avoid having to pick up the rythmn if I let myself slack and have a few days off. (it's equally hard to pick myself up and get into the routine of 'school' at home when I am already in comfort zone, as in the first few months of this year, when the kids attend full day school, and I have the luxury to take my afternoon nap, read, and enjoy my time alone)

ermm... that's getting off topic again. To get straight to the point. Here's what we have been doing:

Joy (approx 5 yrs, 8 mths)

Sorting

We are still working on rods 1-3. This is her trying to put them back properly.


Sticker activity. Since she has shown that she is leftie, I tried to get her to use her left hand for this activity. She would get the sticker with her right hand, then pass to her left to stick.


Jay (approx 4 yrs, 2 mths)

Cut and paste (maths counting 1-5)

Craft. Cut a heart shape, colour and paste. (his own request)

Homework from school. (since he did not attend a few afternoon classes)

Days of the week.

Requested to do the sticker activities too.


We did sandpaper alphabets and numbers too. Joy has been more spontaneous to say 'yi' and 'er' (one and two) when we did the numbers, and sounding the phonetic sounds for /a/, /s/ consistently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)