Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Friday, 19 October 2012

Weeks 5 & 6 (8/10/12 - 19/10/12) - Son

After the sister got better, the brother caught the bug too. We spent most of our time trying to get him to take his medicine and drink lots of water.

We played with stickers. I bought this last year,
from Joy's school. It's supposed to be for her,
but since she is not up to the challenge, I let
little brother tried one of it.
The instructions. Paste the correct coloured foam stickers
according to the number labelled in the cards.
The little man wanted to do a teddy bear. It's a workout
for his fine motor and concentration.
We played with lots foam stickers for a few days.
These are bought in small packets for different shapes.
Helped with his fine motor skill.
He learnt to keep the mess in control.
An example I made while explaining to him how to use these
stickers and to get him to be creative.
One good thing about foam stickers is that you can take it off
and reuse it until you are satisfied with the arrangement.
There's a watch in this piece of art. Can you guess which one?
Notice the smiley face he drew? There's one unhappy face
he wanted me to draw.
Our shape stamping art. The mess is still acceptable. 
The final product. :)
Sticker resist paint. I managed to get him to paint the whole
piece of the drawing paper. I think he's getting the concept
for this art. Maybe next time, he'll be able to be more creative
and be expressive.
We didn't do any worksheets this week, since I don't want to tire him. He enjoyed the arts and crafts and begged me for them everyday. I am starting a list of arts and crafts to do - to ensure variety and not to bore them. I've also started the Peter and Jane flash cards with him. He needed his own session of flash cards as he is on different wave length as the sister. I don't want to do the same flash card program with both of them and later subject the sister to feel inferior when the brother got further and further while she is still struggling behind. (in fact, I am struggling to keep up with the flash cards both are using. I think it will be easier if they both use different program and later exchange program when either have completed theirs.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)