Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Saturday, 6 October 2012

Week 4 (1/10/12 - 7/10/12) - daughter

I am very happy to record that Joy is now fully off her pampers at night. I am glad that we waited for her to be ready. (I made sure that she is dry after a whole night, even with pampers). Then, when she stopped wearing pampers at night, we only need to wake her up once to go potty, the same time as her brother. :) She is very cute, as she sleepily sat on the potty, and when she is done, quickly climbed back to her pillow. I have a potty in the bedroom, and even when she wakes up in the middle of the night, she would go potty herself - I could continue my sleep without having to worry about wet bed.

With Joy, I had to keep on reminding myself not to help her too much in her work. She still needs much practice to strengthen her wrist, and moving up and down, left and right - very important skills for handwriting.

Day 1 - free drawing
Day 1 - shapes
Day 2 - Octopus (she did the stars herself)
Day 3 - can you see that this is a caterpillar?
she did this mostly by herself. I just had to remind her to paint
the white parts.
Day 5 - Cat - from Eric Carle's 'Today Is Monday'
Okay, I did help her a bit here and there, keeping inside the lines,
and tracing the 'CAT'.
My drawing : )

#After their nap (if both naps) and dinner, I'll alternate flash cards session, with worksheets, story time, and play. I don't force them, but I'll keep watch for the time when they are willing to sit for at least 3-5 minutes at a time. I love it when both manage to nap, 'coz I get to recharge too.  And I'll be better tempered too :). By the way, if the sister naps in the afternoon, she would only sleep around 12 midnight. That is why it's VERY important that I get to nap in the afternoon. Sometimes hubby will take over if I feel too sleepy.

But if the sister refused to nap, and only the brother naps, the sister would be asleep by 6-7 pm. (I don't get to recharge in the afternoon, coz she'll be disturbing me) If hubby can manage it, we'll go out (to make sure that the girl will not sleep before 7.30 pm). It might sound illogical to do this, as she should be very tired if she did not nap in the afternoon, but if she sleeps before 7.30pm, she would wake up between 12 midnight - 2am. Trust me it's NIGHTMARE!. She would lie on MY pillow and babble or laugh LOUDLY, making it very hard for ME to SLEEP. If this happens, I'll have to rest longer (nap) the next afternoon, always having to sacrifice their 'homeschool' for the day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)