Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Monday, 29 October 2012

Happy 35th Anniversary!

Hi hi.... the title might confuse you. But no... it's not our wedding anniversary, and both hubby and I aren't that 'old' yet. It's my children's kindergarten's 35th Anniversary. Wow! No wonder they are having a grand celebration. The lady who started this kindergarten is 70+ years old. Imagine that! She would have her children, grandchildren or perhaps even her great grandchildren studying here.

The celebration cum Kindergarten 2 graduation night was a real eye opener for me. I have heard both good and bad things about this school. I have never even thought of sending my children here, if it weren't for a friend who recommended it for my daughter. It was a decision that I have not regretted. I mean, there are so many regrets when it comes to trying to make the best decisions for my children. I regretted sending my daughter to her first Montessori kindergarten. She lasted less than a year. And I did feel a little regret sending her to her therapy for the last 2 years. (there's always a nagging guilt of what if I send her back to my parents earlier instead of the therapies - perhaps she would be able to talk and communicate to us by now) Well.... all those were in the past. But like I said, I did not regret having sent my daughter, then followed by my son to this kindergarten.

The teachers are very hard working, and caring towards their students. They are always so positive and have full confidence in them, believing that these little children have great potential in them. These teachers have worked in this conducive environment from the longest 24 years to 6 months. I am lucky that my children get to have some of the most experienced teachers. They are always ready for new challenges, going for course during school holidays, and improving their teaching methods. For the 2 years I've known the school, the teachers are all ever so ready to discuss about my children, giving me positive feedback - very rarely negative ones, and giving me ideas on how to teach them with love. They have been around little children ranging from 3 - 6 years old for so many years, that they seem to have encountered various types of children.  

Though there are people who mentioned negative things about the school, such as the syllabus is too hard, the teachers are strict and will hit their students.... well, which school doesn't have these complaints? From what I observed myself, as in their school vision - the teachers strive to teach and discipline with love and to instil the love of learning in their students. That is why every classrooms have educational toys, flash cards and story books! And every child is given the opportunity to be involved in extra activities such as drawing, dancing, singing, drama, etc.... For instance, my daughter who is non verbal, has been selected to go out  for field trips and been on stage for 'performances' over these 2 years. I imagine some other teachers who would just leave her behind for fear of the trouble to take care of her.

All in all. I pray for the teachers to be well and healthy. May God bless them abundantly for their services and love for their students. And may this kindergarten continue to flourish and bless many more little children in future. As for their new challenges of the whole-day system starting next year, I pray for God's grace and guidance that these teachers will do their best for the good of their students. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)