Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Monday, 9 July 2012

Revision for me - 'Ten Things Every Child with Autism Wishes You Knew'

I've devoured books after books on anything related to my daughter's diagnosis. After sometime, I tend to forget some of the things I've learnt. Recently, I took them out and re-read them. One of the book I finished is Ten Things Every Child with Autism Wishes You Knew.

It is written from the perspective of the children with autism. The author really worked on making outsiders understand why these children behaved in certain ways, how they think and how to help them. There are some points that relate to my daughter, while some did not. This is normal, as there is no two person with the diagnosis that has the exact same symptoms. Any way, it is a book worth reading, if you want to understand the spectrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)