Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Saturday, 2 June 2012

Grandparents' Love Therapy # 9

Since it is school holiday, we have decided to send Joy back to my parents for 6 days, 5 nights. This is a compilation of the short feedbacks I got from mom whenever I called.

Day one.
- Said 'hao chi' (nice to eat) two times. First time was prompted by my mom, and second time she repeated herself. (She was eating an egg for breakfast.)
- In the evening, she just came to the phone and said, 'hi' rather loudly and ran off. She is excited to eat her chips for snacks.

Day two.
- I called just as she came in from her morning walk. She refused to come to the phone, but instead went to rest on the mattress.
- I purposely called rather late in the evening today. Previously, I knew she would be waiting for my call before the sky gets dark. This time, she ran to the phone, listened and answered with a sound. (not too sure what it is). Mom said they just came in from their evening walk. I chatted awhile with mom, and Joy came to the phone the second time, and just quietly listened to me talking to her. Mom said Joy was very alert whenever the phone rang. She would listened to my mom or dad answering, just to make sure if it's from me. (mom assured me that, as long as she know that I called, it doesn't matter if I talked to her. She is just happy that I remember to call. Hmmm)

Day three.
- Mom told me of a funny thing Joy did last night. She did not have her afternoon nap, and was very sleepy around 7.30 pm. But she is still reluctant to go to bed. The reason being that Grandpapa is not sleeping yet. Then she thought of an idea. She went to take grandpapa's pajamas, and handed it to him. After grandpapa changed into pajamas, she went to bed, and fell asleep at once. I guess she is too tired after a whole day.\

Day five.
- Joy came to the phone and said 'C, O, E'.

Day Six (Back home at last!)
- As usual, Joy was jumping up and down to express her joy in seeing us. She won't let me out of her sight. I could see that she has been enjoying her stay at my parents. They prepared a big writing board for her. It's just a big piece of square board (used to be our study table when my brothers and I were young). Mom put up pieces of drawing paper with cellotape, covering the board. Both of them did a lot of writing and drawing on the papers. It's a good way to strengthen her wrist. Once, she even hold grandmama's hand on the paper and drew an outline of her hand. That's what I call brilliant! (he he, just because she never did that at home - and I consider it spontaneous play with grandmama). My parents told me that she has really been trying to speak more consistently. That is good news, isn't it? Gan ba teh, my dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)