Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Sunday, 29 April 2012

Grandparents' Love Therapy #5 Updated (1)

Monday (30/4/2012)

I am expecting more news about Joy, hence the title on Updated. For information, Joy skipped school today, as she is still with my parents. But I still have to go to work. This morning I have a very full schedule, and will not be free until after 9.30 am. On my way to work, I grabbed the first chance I get, while waiting for the traffic light, to call home. Joy was waiting for my call. Mom said that she did not sleep well last night, perhaps missing me. My parents talked and explained to her. And she kept calling 'wai'. Despite a rather restless night, she woke up around 5 am, and has been waiting near the phone, fiddling with the cords every now and then. Mom told her that Mummy is not free, and it's too early.

The moment I called, she came to the phone and listened. She even made some sound (can't recall it now), nodded and ran off happily.  Mom asked what did I say to her that made her nod. I was asking if she had her breakfast. Thereafter, she's happy and contend the whole morning. (I phoned again at 10am, she refused to come to the phone). I guess she is contend with me fulfilling my earlier promise of calling her once in the morning and once in the evening. I guess that I really need to seriously consider moving the whole family back to my home town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)