Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Sunday, 15 April 2012

Grandparent's Love Therapy #2 Updates

Sunday. 15/4/2012

We went to fetch Joy after Church service today. She refused to greet us at the door, and even refused to look at me. In other words, she looked angry. Mom said that like last week, she refused to lay on the mattress, but on the hard, cold, tiled floor when taking her milk. (she was yawning, but mom thinks she is scared of falling asleep if she lay on the comfortable mattress). When I called her and pulled her to me, she smiled and hugged me. She then went into the kitchen to take her milk bottle and gave it to me. She automatically went to the mattress to enjoy her milk and FALL ASLEEP! So, this girl is really showing that she is unhappy, when she expected us to arrive much earlier. Mom said that she started crying and looking at the clock at around 11 am. This morning, when I called, I did told her that we are going to fetch her, but in the afternoon. Perhaps she thought we would be earlier. Yup... Mom told me that this morning, when I called, she took the phone and listened so intently, without any sound. I am sure she heard me telling her I'd be going to fetch her. Somehow, this show of emotion makes me glad. It shows that she is aware of the passing time, and knows how to show her unhappiness.

She listened to the conversations around her too. She was lazing on the mattress when Jay asked grandpapa to bring him out to pluck fresh flowers. She immediately cried. She wanted to go too! My dad had to bring them both out to get some fresh flowers.

By the way, mom mentions that Joy was having a bit of insecurity problem. At night, she follows my mom, even to the toilet, waiting at a distance, where my mom asked her to wait. Is this something to worry about? I think it's quite normal, since it's not her home, and she is scared of being left in the room by herself, right?

On another note,
Since she napped for quite a long time in the afternoon, I did some flash cards with her and assessed her a bit. I was assessing her with the words 'one, two, three, four, five'. You know what? She actually said the words 'two, three' several times. 3 times, I think. And quite loudly too. Hubby was in the kitchen, and we were in the study room - and he heard her very clearly. You can imagine how wide was his smile! My heart is trembling.... with joy. Hope this will continue to more permanent speech.

# She just came to me, and plunked her left foot onto my lap. It's red and itchy, and she wants me to rub it. I asked her in Chinese "you want to rub(tuu) with lotion?"  She nodded and said "tuu" (rub). This is just for the record. I don't want to forget any of her first words. These are milestones that may seem nothing to many, but it's huge to me. I'm praying Hard!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! thats alot going on in a day! with the emotions, communication intent, and even speech productions :D way to go Joy, Praying the best for you and your family :D

lots of love,
SR

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)