Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Weekly round up #6

hmmm..... should I start with an apology? Well, I told myself to that I'll continue with the letter of the week and all the rest of the materials I've prepared for last week. But I didn't. and who do I need to apologise to? hi hi...no one, actually. I did get them started with letter recognition, but later decided it's too taxing on me. I am still sick, and I needed more rest, so I can get well faster. (actually, I am still having flu, with running nose and cough) I've decided to take it easy and do activities on the spot. This week, school starts again, and It's a very busy week, with meetings every afternoon, plus another meeting this coming Saturday morning. I am being selfish for now, by doing the very minimum with the kids.

So, what did we do last week, and this week? I kept Joy tracing and writing everyday. This must not be neglected. We went back to my parents' and celebrated their birthdays. (their birthdays are 1 week apart, and we usually celebrated together). Jay kept himself busy with lots of pretend play and creative building with mega blocks.
Birthday cake for my parents. Jay specifically
asked to buy a cake with 2 flowers on it.
Joy doing colouring almost everyday with
her favourite ocean creatures. I made this
collection of ocean creatures with Google search.
(Yes, she is left handed - makes it harder for me
to teach handwriting since I am right handed - sigh)
Using blocks to teach ABAB patterns.
He created this pattern himself. and called it a train.
Jay starts getting creative with mega blocks. He twisted the
the blocks and told me this is a super rocket.
One picture that I remembered to take. Jay arranged the
chairs into a train. A pretend play that lasts a whole
week.
A new rocket creation from Jay.
side view
He said this is a boat. Hmmm...
but I am impressed that he learnt to use the middle part
in the rectangle.
Learning shapes.... He made rectangles, triangles
and squares. And told me the colours he used.
An aeroplane. But looks more like a scorpion to me.
SHHHHHH....... 
He learnt to grip and transfer his toys. What do you
call that thing? I can't remember the name.. anyway,
I tried to reinforce colour recognition
 (in both Chinese and English) 
I made him put the things on a pillow, the steel will ruin
floor. Then he told me, he needs to sit on a pillow -
cause his bottom hurt from sitting too long... ha ha ha

* Just for the record;
A list of Jay's pretend plays last week and this week. (using his mega blocks and containers)
- cooking lunch for us
- baking birthday cakes for us. (he imagined all the steps - from pouring the flour, mixing, break eggs and put it in the oven(container) to bake.
- baking lots of biscuits with funny names. He served them with a container lid. 
- creating a 'house' with chairs and towel, and more pillows.
- creating camera from his blocks and taking photos. I am his 'willing (forced)' model.
He is certainly one busy boy......



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)