Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Sunday, 11 March 2012

Weekly round up #5(2)

I have been sick, first with fever since last week, then cough, and now with flu. It has been more than a week. Last week, I started the kids on the letter A, and did not manage to finish all the things I've planned for them. I initially decided to stretch everything into a 2 week lesson, with more breathing space for me to rest. In the end, it only took an extra 1 day (until yesterday) to finish the activities on the letter A - so I think I'll just move on to letter B, starting today. As for the rest of the subjects (maths, and language) I just move on and continue with them this week. ( I am not fretting over the lessons that are not done)

Joy makes me super proud!
She made this by herself!

The side view.


Colouring apples. - Fine motor

I had Jay tear the pieces, arrange
and glue the word, apple

Jay wrote this by himself! What else could be
the prove that he knew the word!

* Note (just for the record)
- Both of them did a lot of tracing and writing uppercase and lowercase 'A'.
- Matching apple colours. ( I cut Joy's apples into 3 pieces to increase the difficulty. A little confused at first, but managed to finish it)
- Jay did the counting, cut and paste with the apple seeds activity from COAH.
- We only read a book this week. - The Little Mermaid ( I lost my voice)
- Joy continues with the 'a' 'e' 'i' and 'o' sounds daily.

Now I can start anew with the letter 'B'

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)