Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Primary School?

We were slapped in the face with another decision to make, in another few months. Yup.... another few months, but we (meaning : me ) would have a lot of thinking to do. I discovered that we need to register Joy for Primary One in the school of our choice THIS year. Registering next year would be considered too late, even though she would only be in Primary One in 2014. Now, is that a difficult decision to make?

If I were to answer that question when I was pregnant with Joy, or even when she was only 1 year old.... It's easy. Hubby and I had it all planned out for her. Where she would go for kindergarten, primary school and even secondary school. Yeah... easy decision....
when I don't have to worry about her adaptability in class and among her classmates and teachers,
when I don't have to worry whether she is bullied,
when I don't have to worry that she can't help it when she can't sit still or get distracted and run away from the class,
when she cries and is inconsolable when she is obsessed with things that does not belong to her,
when I don't have to worry about her being non-verbal and not able to voice out her needs....
when.... when.... when....
SO ???? I AM worrying about these things, and it IS a difficult decision to make.

I do not have the option to home school her. That's for sure. So, we are left with 2 options. Typical class or special needs class. We wanted her to be in the typical class. But this time, I don't think we have the luxury of the hit and miss with our school of choice.

With Joy's kindergarten, we chose the wrong place when she was 3 years old. We wasted one year. Later, we sent her to another kindy, where she met teachers who truly cared about her. And she thrived. But... how about primary school? I did not really search for a kindergarten back then. Our first choice was done for the convenience of my father in law, who would be sending her. When I realized that it was a mistake, I began visiting all the nursery and kindergarten available, trying to 'read' the teachers' reactions when I described Joy's non verbal and behaviour. (I would not even try to describe some of their reactions!) That was how I finally zoomed in to her present kindergarten. (and I am very grateful for the friend who recommended the place) It is very far from our neighbourhood, but it is certainly worth it.

But back to my core question?.... I guess I need to fast and pray more for God to guide me.... Do pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)