Popular Posts

Featured Posts

Easing into homeschool routine

Since the end of November, I have been diligent in unpacking all materials I may need as the children’s learning materials. Some are still i...

Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Updates on holiday classes

Joy
Language Class
During the first few days, she did not join her classmates, playing by herself, and runs off to the next class when the teacher is not observing - the next door class has some toys she is interested in.
This week, I observed that the teacher is creative enough to collect the things Joy is interested in a basket. She is not allowed to stay alone at the toy section, but sit together with the others in front. She is allowed to hold a little something(usually a sticker), and asked to pay attention when the teacher is teaching.
I am not too happy with her holding something in her hands during lessons, but the teacher reported that at least she looks at the teacher and the board once in awhile. Okay, I guess I have to be satisfied.

Arts and craft class
Not much. Everytime I go to fetch her, the teacher is busy doing something, circled by children. Joy is usually running around or playing by herself at the back of the class. From what I observed, she did not finish most of whatever they are doing. I'll just have to wait and see what she brings home at the end of this class after 2 more weeks.

Music Class
I have a feeling that the teacher's goal for her is not to cry and disturb the class. She still mentions that Joy looks bored, and hungry. Since last week, I prepared extra snacks for her, and she will have them during music time, and managed to reduce her crying. I am not too sure if this is a good plan. Seems to me she is wasting her time.

Jay
He reports to me everything the teacher teach. So far, its colouring, singing and storytime everyday. He learns blue, red, yellow, green and pink. Hmm.... The colour pink is really from school. I've not taught him pink yet. The vocabs (coloured)- apple, kite, circle, diamond, square, banana and watermelon. He has been doing worksheets with markers too. His teacher even thought that he is 4 years old and attending preschool next year! I told her he will only be 3 in February and he is attending play school. The class has children aged 3 and 4. So Its no wonder that she got confused. My little boy is very tall for his age and well built. The teacher said that he is very matured.
On the other side, the reality is, my little boy is still not yet 3 years old. He is still very young and not exposed to the school environment. He told me someone hit him in class, and I sometimes see the older ones pushed him away when he wants to get near the teacher during storytime.
When I inquire about someone hitting him, it was just because they were 'fighting' over a chair. Jay was smacked on the head by an older girl when he wanted to sit on her chair. Of course after the first week he got naughty too. He started running around like the other children, but he is still more reserved and prefer to observe the fun, and told me when there are any boys or girls who are naughty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to know there's people reading and enjoying my posts. Please let me know you are here :)